DETAILS OF VACANCIES:
Under Graduate Posts with Minimum Educational Qualification of 12th (+2 Stage) or its equivalent examination and Age between 18 to 30 Years as on 01.07.2019 :
- Junior Clerk cum Typist – 4319
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist – 760
- Junior Time Keeper – 17
- Trains Clerk – 592
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk – 4940
Graduate Posts with Minimum Educational Qualification of a University Degree or its equivalent and Age between 18 to 33 Years as on 01.07.2019 :
- Traffic Assistant – 88
- Goods Guard – 5748
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk – 5638
- Senior Clerk cum Typist – 2873
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist – 3164
- Senior Time Keeper – 14
- Commercial Apprentice – 259
- Station Master – 6865
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS – ONLINE REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
1) Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s) as on the closing date of online registration i.e. as on 31.03.2019.CANDIDATES WAITING FOR FINAL RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
2) Before filling up the online application, candidates are advised to thoroughly read all the instructions and information in the CEN available on the websites of RRBs.
3) Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the RRBs as indicated at Para 20.0 of this CEN and be very careful about fake websites and job racketeers.
4) Candidates should have their own mobile number, valid & active personal email id and keep them active for the entire duration of recruitment as RRBs shall send all recruitment related communications only through SMS and email till the recruitment is completely over. RRBs will not entertain any request for change of mobile number and email address at any stage.
5) Applications are to be submitted ONLINE ONLY and through the RRB websites ONLY as listed at Para 20.0. One application ONLY is required to be submitted to the selected RRB for all its notified posts in this CEN for that selected RRB. Candidates can apply to only one RRB. Application to more than one RRB, will lead to rejection of all the applications. Any attempt to submit more than one application by a candidate against this CEN shall result in disqualification and debarment.
6) Candidates are required to go through the Post Parameter Table and Vacancy Table and ascertain their eligibility. Only thereafter, the candidates should exercise options for the RRBs and post(s) within the chosen RRB as per their eligibility. The selection of RRB once exercised shall be final.
7) Eligibility of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the information furnished in the ONLINE Application. Candidates need NOT send printouts of application or Certificates or copies to RRBs concerned by post. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected forthwith. Candidates can modify the application particulars except RRB chosen, Email ID and Mobile Number, even after submission of application, but within the last date of submission of application, by paying modification fee. However, after the last date for submission of application (12.04.2019), RRBs shall not entertain any representation for modification of the information furnished in the application.
8) Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the prescribed Medical Standards for the post(s) they are opting for. It is to be noted by the candidates that in case the candidate is found to be medically unsuitable for the opted post at the time of appointment, alternate appointment shall not be given.
9) Center/City allocation for CBTs will depend upon technical and logistical feasibility. Candidates may have to travel to other Cities/States for attending CBTs. Request for Change of Exam Centre shall NOT be allowed under any circumstances.
10) To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to register and submit ONLINE application much before the closing date since there may be a possibility of inability/failure to log on to the website of RRB concerned on account of heavy load on the internet or website during last days of online registration. RRBs do not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to register and/or submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS – EXAMINATION PROCESSES
1) Malpractices: Any candidate found using unfair means of any kind in the examination/CBT, sending someone else in his/her place to appear in the examination, attempt to impersonate will be debarred from appearing in all the examinations of all the RRBs/RRCs (Railway Recruitment Cell) for lifetime. He/she will also be debarred from getting any appointment in the Railways, and if already appointed, will be dismissed from service. Such candidates are also liable for legal prosecution.
2) Banned items: Electronic gadgets like mobile phones, blue tooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches or any other communication devices or pen/pencil, wallet/purses, belts, shoes and metallic wears including ornaments etc. are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones etc. to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
3) Stages of Exam: There shall be two stage Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by Skill Test (Computer based Aptitude Test for Station Master and Traffic Assistant, Typing Skill Test for Junior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist and Senior Time Keeper). Subsequently, there will be document verification and medical examination. For Trains Clerk, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Goods Guard, Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Commercial Apprentice, there shall be two stage CBT followed by document verification and medical examination.
4) Call Letters: Candidates will have to download the City and Date Intimations, e-Call Letters and Travel Authority (wherever applicable) from the links provided on the official websites of RRBs.
5) Normalization of Marks: Marks will be normalized for all the stages of exam involving multiple sessions. Marks will be normalized as per the formulae given in Para 14.0 &14.1 of this Notice. CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) NO. 01/2019 Page 4 of 70
6) Short Listing for Various Stages: RRB wise short listing of candidates for 2nd Stage CBT shall be done at the rate of 20 times the vacancies (may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway Administration). The short listing for 2 nd Stage CBT will be based on the merit of the candidates in 1st Stage CBT. The short listing for Skill Tests such as Computer based Aptitude Test and Typing Skill Test shall be to the extent of 8 times the vacancies (may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway Administration) based on the merit of the candidates in 2nd Stage CBT.
7) Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answer in CBTs. Deduction of 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be made for each wrong answer.
1.1 Admission to all stages of recruitment process shall be purely provisional, subject to the candidate satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
1.2 Mere issue of e-Call letter to the candidates will NOT imply that their candidature has been finally accepted by the RRB.
1.3 RRBs conduct verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified in all the stages of examinations and are shortlisted for Document Verification. RRBs may reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of recruitment process in case the candidate is found to be not fulfilling the requisite criteria and if appointed, such a candidate is liable to be removed from service summarily.
1.4 Before applying for the post(s) against this notification, candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility norms including age, educational qualification(s) and medical standard (s). Candidates should ensure that they have requisite educational / technical qualifications from recognized Board / University / Institute as on the closing date for online registration i.e. 31.03.2019. Those awaiting results of the final examination for the prescribed qualification are not eligible and hence should not apply.
1.5 Applications of candidates who are attempting to apply with minor changes of information and /or facts to more than one RRB and/or multiple applications to the same RRB will be summarily rejected and such candidates will be debarred from all future examinations of RRB and RRC.
1.6 Candidates who have been debarred by any RRB/RRC either for life or for a specified period which is not yet completed, should NOT apply for this notification. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
1.7 Candidates should enter their Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as recorded in the SSLC/Matriculation/High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate ONLY. In cases of name change, candidates should indicate their changed Name only in the ONLINE application. However, other details should match with the Matriculation or Equivalent certificate. Date of such change should be prior to the date of registration of ONLINE application. Gazette Notification or any other legal document as applicable for such cases should be submitted at the time of Document Verification (DV).
1.8 Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical in all stages of recruitment process and must be in running hand and not in block/capital or CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) NO. 01/2019 Page 5 of 70 disjointed letters. Signatures in different style at the time of CBT, Computer based Aptitude Test, Typing Skill Test, Document Verification, Medical examination etc. may result in cancellation of candidature.
1.9 Dates of examinations will also be published on the websites of participating RRBs. The e-call letters for CBTs, Computer based Aptitude Test, Typing Skill Test and document verification (as applicable) should be downloaded ONLY from websites of the Railway Recruitment Boards concerned. No call letter will be sent by post. The CBT Centre, date and shift indicated in the e-call letter shall be final. RRBs reserve the right to introduce additional CBTs / Typing Skill Test/ Aptitude Test and/or additional document verification etc., without assigning any reason.
1.10 Vacancies indicated in this CEN are provisional and may undergo any change (increase/decrease) or even become NIL in total or in specific Railways / Units / Communities / Posts at a later stage depending upon the actual needs of the Railway Administration. Also, additional posts if required by the Railway(s) may also be included at later stage. The Railway Administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified vacancies at any stage at its discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all. In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies, the examination fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded except for candidates who have attended the 1 st Stage CBT. Please refer to the Para 7.0 for the amount of refund.
1.11 Preference for Post(s) and/or Railway(s) / Unit(s): The options from the candidates for various posts for which they are eligible in the opted RRB, shall be taken during submission of ONLINE applications. On completion of all stages of recruitment process, RRBs will allot Post & Railway/Unit as per the option of the eligible candidates ONLY subject to merit, medical standard and vacancy position. Once candidates have been empanelled as per their merit/choice, they will forfeit the right to be considered for any other post/category within the same level of 7th CPC. Candidates with partial option will be considered only for the specific categories opted by them. In case, no option is given for certain posts, it would be considered as their unwillingness for the same. However, RRBs also reserve the right to allot Post/Railway/Unit not opted by the candidates, if considered necessary in administrative interest, subject to the candidate (s) meeting the requirements of the post allotted. In case of shortfall in empanelment of candidates or other exigencies, RRB reserves the right to utilize the extra list of candidates (standby list), if required, as per the merit and option of the candidates.
1.12 Selection by RRB does not confer upon candidates any right of appointment in the Railways. The function of the RRB is to recommend names of suitable candidates to the concerned authorities of the Zonal Railway/Production Unit who in turn will issue the offer of appointment letter subject to availability of vacancies and candidates satisfying all eligibility criteria including antecedents and character.
1. 13 Selected candidates will have to undergo training, wherever prescribed, and during training period, only stipend will be paid as applicable.
1.14 Selected candidates will have to execute Surety and/or Indemnity Bond wherever necessary at the time of joining in Railways.
1.15 Ordinarily, a Railway servant shall be employed throughout his/her service on the Railway or Railway establishment to which he/she is posted on first appointment and shall have no claim as a right for transfer to another railway or another establishment.
CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) NO. 01/2019 Page 6 of 70 In the exigencies of service, however, it shall be open to the Competent Authority to transfer the Railway servant to any other department or Railway or Railway establishment including a project in or out of India.
1.16 Selected candidates who are finally appointed are liable for active service in Railway Engineers’ Unit of Territorial Army.
1.17 Free Sleeper Class Railway Pass is admissible to SC/ST candidates only. SC/ST candidates who wish to avail free travel authority will have to indicate ‗Yes‘ in the relevant column in the ONLINE application and upload valid caste certificate. For such candidates, free Sleeper Class Railway Pass will be a part of e-call letter when they are called for various stages of recruitment viz. CBT, Computer based Aptitude Test, Typing Skill Test, document verification etc. as per the details furnished and uploaded in ONLINE application. It is the responsibility of the candidates availing free travel authority to give the correct name of the Railway Station in online application, failing which their travel authority may not be valid for travel and obtaining reservation. At the time of obtaining reservation and traveling, the Reservation Clerk and/or Ticket Checking Staff will ask for the original SC/ST community certificate for verification of genuineness of the candidate. Any attempt to misuse this travelling authority shall lead to rejection of candidature at any stage of the recruitment process and debarment for future examinations conducted by RRBs/RRCs.
1.18 RRBs reserve the right to incorporate any subsequent changes / modifications / additions in the terms & conditions of recruitment under this CEN as necessitated and applicable.
1.19 RRBs may share, with the consent of the candidates, the scores obtained by them in RRB exams with other Ministries/Departments/PSUs and Private Organizations, for recruitment in their organizations. Candidates may give their consent for the same or otherwise while filling the ONLINE application.
- For all candidates except the fee concession categories mentioned below at Sl. No. 2. Out of this fee of Rs 500 an amount of Rs 400 shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in 1st Stage CBT – 500
- For PwBD / Female /Transgender/ Ex-Servicemen candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/Minority Communities/ Economically Backward Class. This fee of Rs 250 shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges as applicable on appearing in 1 stStage CBT. – 250
1 st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT) – Common for all notified posts :
- Exam Duration in Minutes – 90
- No. of Questions (each of 1 mark) from
- Total No. of Questions – 100
- General Awareness -40
- Mathematics -30
- General Intelligence and Reasoning -30
The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to:
a. Mathematics: Number System, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportions, Percentage, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Elementary Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics etc.
b. General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical Operations, Similarities and Differences, Relationships, Analytical Reasoning, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagrams, Puzzle, Data Sufficiency, Statement- Conclusion, Statement- Courses of Action, Decision Making, Maps, Interpretation of Graphs etc.
c. General Awareness: Current Events of National and International Importance, Games and Sports, Art and Culture of India, Indian Literature, Monuments and Places of India, General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE), History of India and Freedom Struggle, Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World, Indian Polity and Governance- constitution and political system, General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India, UN and Other important World Organizations, Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large, Basics of Computers and Computer Applications, Common Abbreviations, Transport Systems in India, Indian Economy, Famous Personalities of India and World, Flagship Government Programs, Flora and Fauna of India, Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India etc.
Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS40%, OBC (Non creamy layer) -30%, SC-30%, ST-25%. These percentages of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
STEPS TO SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION: After completing the process at Para 15.0 a, b, c & d above, carry out the following:
a) Click on the ―New Registration‖.
b) Select the RRB to which you wish to apply. Please be aware that, RRB once selected cannot be changed after the preliminary registration is completed and Registration number is allotted. c
) Confirm that you have read and understood the instructions clearly by clicking the check box.
d) Registration Details: Enter your name, Date of Birth and Father‘s name as per Para 1.7 of General Instructions, Mother‘s Name, Aadhaar Number, SSLC/Matric Roll Number, Year of Passing, Mobile Number and email-ID and then submit for registration. Before submitting for registration, ensure and confirm that all the information furnished above are correct, as the details furnished for registration cannot be changed later. Please note that the email ID and mobile number used for the Registration must be yours and unique. Also note that both the email and mobile number will be verified during the Online Application process with a One Time Password (OTP).
e) Verification of email ID and mobile number through OTP: On submitting the primary details, OTPs shall be sent to the registered mobile number and email. The candidate should retrieve the OTPs from email and Mobile and then enter OTPs to proceed with the filling up of application and to make payment through OTP “Activation Link”. On successful OTP activation, Registration Number will be generated and sent on registered email ID and mobile number. Candidates should note and preserve their Registration Number for later reference during the recruitment process and RRB will not entertain any request seeking registration number.
f) Candidates can proceed with the online application by clicking on the ―Candidate Login‖ button on the Home Page using the Registration Number and password.
g) In the Part I of application page, provide the details of Educational Qualification, Community i.e. UR/OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/EWS, Gender, Religion, Ex SM, PwBD, Minority, Economically Backward Class and Age Relaxation eligibility category as applicable and other details.
h) Payment and Bank Account Details:
i. On completion of application details as above, the candidate will be directed to the payment page to choose payment mode i.e. Bank (Online Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/UPI and Offline Challan) or Post Office Challans as explained in Para 7 and complete the payment process. Chose the mode of payment and complete the payment process. If there is a failure of Online payments, the candidate has to make another transaction. Please note the last date and time specified for each mode of payment and submit the application well in time.
ii. Those paying through Bank-offline mode, the payment confirmation may take 2 hours and hence they have to again login after 2 hours and look for confirmation of payment status.
iii. The time period for payment confirmation shall vary from 24 hrs. to 48 hrs. in case of Post Office payment. CENTRALISED EMPLOYMENT NOTICE (CEN) NO. 01/2019 Page 26 of 70
i) In the Part II of application page, candidate has to indicate their priority/preference of the posts. Set priority / preferences for posts: If the candidate is eligible for more than one post based on his/her educational qualification and other details furnished, he/she must set the priority/preferences for these posts. The list of posts (in the chosen RRB) for which a candidate is eligible is displayed. Similarly, if the chosen RRB has vacancies for more than one Railway/Production Unit, then vacancies for all such Railways/Production Units for which a candidate is eligible, will be listed out. The candidate should fill their priority/preferences number in the textbox against each post that they are eligible for, in the RRB they are applying to.
j) Scribe for PwBD Candidates: Indicate option for scribe if you are a PwBD candidate and eligible for scribe. Only the candidates suffering from Visually Impairment (VI) or the candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral Palsy/muscular dystrophy/candidates with Locomotor disability (one arm)/Intellectual disability (Autism, specific learning disability and mental illness) are eligible for availing scribe against this CEN. In case you have firmed up the scribe, then enter the details of scribe such as name, father‘s name, educational qualification etc. The scribe so arranged should not himself/herself be the candidate for the notification for which the candidate is appearing and same scribe should not be engaged for more than one candidate.
k) Detailed Educational Qualification: Furnish all the relevant information on the qualification as required in the application.
l) Choice of Exam Language: English is the default language. In case the candidate wishes to choose any other language, then the same can be selected from the drop down list of languages. The languages listed are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu. In case of any difference/ discrepancy/dispute in the Questions between English and the opted language, the content of English version shall prevail.
m) Complete the balance fields e.g. Mother Tongue, Moles/Identification Marks, Address etc.
n) Bank Account Details for Refund: Candidates who attend 1st Stage CBT are eligible for refund of examination fee as per details in Para 7. All candidates who have given the confirmation to receive their refund to the account from which they have made the application fee payment, need not fill these details and hence, this will not be visible for them. Only those candidates who do not wish to receive the refund in the account through which they paid examination fee should provide the details of Beneficiary Account in which they wish to receive the refund viz. Beneficiary Name, Account Number, Name of Bank and IFSC Code in the Online Application.
o) Candidates may indicate their consent or otherwise for sharing the scores obtained by them in RRB exams with other Ministries/Departments/PSUs and Private organizations, for recruitment in their organizations.
p) Photograph and Signature Upload: 1. Candidate will be automatically directed to ‗Photo and Signature Upload‘ part of the application. 2. Select the Upload Photo Tab and upload your colour photograph. The photograph should comply with the following requirements
|Job Category||Government Jobs|